Discussion Forums

Forum Forums Comics New Graphic Novel / Comic Book…1945…Nazis, and stuff.

• New Graphic Novel / Comic Book…1945…Nazis, and stuff.

Posted by garret-nichols on June 28, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Hey Guys,

I’m writing and illustrating a comic set in 1945, so there is a bunch of Nazi stuff and British stuff. i think it’s pretty interesting. Also the War of Northern Aggression flopped, so there is a Union and a Confederacy. Also a Cherokee Nation.

is there a good way for me to post it for you lot to check out?

garret-nichols replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • coursin-hill

June 28, 2022 at 5:01 pm

The image uploading system for the site is broken. I’d recommend uploading it to an imgur album and posting the link. Sounds like a cool premise for a GN would love to see the art.

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Hello there.

I just made an Imgur account…sorry I’m old, and don’t quite get how these “thinking machines” operate.

Whenever I drag-and-drop some art into the Imgur window, it tells me to piss off (?)

• coursin-hill

June 28, 2022 at 8:01 pm

Might be the format of the image? Can’t say for sure unless I was seeing your desktop. The site here won’t embed images so you have to download to view them. It’s been a problem since day one of the site and it’s frustrating. The art looks great though. It looks like you did it digitally.

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 7:26 pm
  • garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 7:58 pm

OK, Let’s try my new IG account (I hate the internet)…

https://www.instagram.com/maxmitchell1984/

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 8:16 pm

Bro. What the hell. Everything i put on Instagram gets cropped to 4:3, or some old-ass CRT bullshit…

anyway…I don’t mean to transfer my own problems.

Thank on the art complement…

yeah, i typically draw shit on printer paper with pencils, then scan, then digitize.

I’m using Clip Studio Paint and an XP Pen 15.6″ tablet. I’m pretty happy with that combo.

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Testing photo upload.

here’s The World in my world…

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 9:08 pm

Piss.

well, that didn’t work.

anyway I put some more stuff on my Instagram… https://www.instagram.com/maxmitchell1984/

• garret-nichols

June 28, 2022 at 9:09 pm

What do you guys think about there being a Confederacy in 1945? My pops was not a fan.

• coursin-hill

June 29, 2022 at 7:45 am

Doesn’t make the most amount of sense imo. The civil war was meant to go one way or the other.

• garret-nichols

June 29, 2022 at 10:48 am

yeah, but in this world the south was “allowed” to secede w/ little to zero resistance.

I understand this is controversial.

I need there to be a Cherokee Nation country from Alaska to Baja California, and up to the Mississippi river. I don’t think that can happen if the North and South didn’t separate.

Of course in my ideal (and maybe unrealistic) world, the South abolished slavery in the late 1860’s anyway.